IDS Knowledge Base
The following content is meant to support everyone who wants to either build IDS components or implement and/or contribute to the existing open source components. It will link you to relevant sources and will provide guidance on your way.
The Knowledge Base (a.k.a. "How to Build Data Spaces?") is the store of information that relies on IDS expertise, that is meant to support building IDS components and contribute to the existing open source components. A five-step approach is depicted here to sort the great amount of information and documentation in a structured manner. Each step contains links to the relevant information and resources that might be helpful in the process of establishing data spaces.
Since this documentation relies on the IDS expertise and experience of everyone involved, please feel free to contribute to it. In case you are unable to locate the information you are looking for, please:
- Open an issue that points to this topic.
- Add a section, link, or whatever that would fill this gap.
- Have a look at the open issues and try to fix them.
If you are interested in contributing to this document, please check the detailed information on how to contribute to this documentation.
Data spaces are the clean rooms of data, the perfect ecosystem for a secure and sovereign data sharing, exchange, and value creation. Here are some examples of the benefits and business value that comes from entering these rooms:
- Data being considered the new oil, there must be a place to exploit its value, and this is one of the benefits provided by data spaces: endless scenarios, and opportunities to get the most value out of everyone´s data.
- Data spaces are the perfect lounge, not just for secure data interactions, but for networking and ecosystem growth. All the players that join this clean rooms have a shared objective, and therefore, it is easier to connect with others.
- Data spaces can be called “clean rooms” because there is control inside them. Security is another benefit that comes from entering these rooms, since every member´s operational environment and components must be certified, in order to access these spaces. This is how trust between players is ensured and secure data exchange is made available to everyone.
IDS is poised to become the backbone of our future data economy, indispensable to any enterprise that collects, manages or shares any kind of data. Organizations of every type and size will benefit from gaining early knowledge of and access to IDS. Your involvement will put you at the forefront of shaping the future and gaining early access to IDS concepts and technology that can directly advance your business. Benefits of membership include:
- Learning IDS concepts
- Access to research insights and cross-pollination between research and industry
- Technology, certification and networking events
- Support for implementation and adoption of IDS-certified products and services
- Involvement in member-driven projects that become use cases and success stories for your business